0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
John F, I believe technically speaking (which we are), you are not allowed to give away fresh fish.On the fishing licence it states "Fish caught or collected in terms of this permit may not be sold, bartered, donated or traded."Tight lines
Also, as far as I know the police are not allowed to search your house without a warrent. You will have to draw a lot of attention to yourself in order for then to obtain a warrent to search your house and I doubt it if they will go through all the trouble for a few extra fish in your freezer. The authorities just don't have enough resources to police this properly.
My view on your questions. I'm not a lawyer and not even remotely familiarised with the relevant SA legislation. But here it goes...1. Fish cakes/ pie are no longer fish. You can't ID (visually that is) which fish were used to make those pies/cakes. So I'd say you have 0 fish in your freezer.2. You may give away your pies/cakes just like you are allowed to give away your fresh fish. I don't see a problem with selling your fishcakes/pies made out of your legal fish quota. It's not "fish anymore". But 8t might be ilegal as it has the potential to create demand, etc... But assuming legal limits are obeyed, not sure anyone will make a lot of money out of it... at least some work was put into it....3. This is a tricky one. How about those species that you can buy at Pick n Pay? You can buy whatever amount you wish and keep it in your freezer. How're you going to prove that you didn't catch it yourself? Not sure what provisions are in the law with regards to this... My 0.02 MtsWould definitely like to see the inputs from other more knowledge members
correct the majority of our post 94 acts and laws have more holes in them than ford kuga radiator....