0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Great info CRANKMAN! Hahaha I haven't tried barbel yet only trout but still trying to find the texture I want. I rub the fish with a mixture of brown sugar and course salt then place it in a zip lock bag for around 8 hours then wash it off and smoke it for another 4 to 8 hours. Slice it super thin and it is delicious. I need to find this crown brine mixture now! If I want to hot smoke it I just shorten the pipe and pile the wood in the little can.
you guys are going to get seriously straffed for this.....my mouths watering here...
That looks superb - I can almost smell it from here. Herrings are often wet cured, so I'm sure other fish could be as well.
Let us know your method of curing and smoking Rory
Interesting! How long does panceta cure for?
Well done Rory, that all looks amazing.Give us a bit more insight to your methods.Do you add nitrates / nitrites to you dry cure mix?How long do you smoke for, and how long does your cured meat keep without freezing?