0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Quote from: John F on July 10, 2017, 02:48:03 PMQuote from: MichaelK on July 10, 2017, 02:22:12 PMI upgraded my boats category from Cat C to Cat B.I see you're running 2 yammies 90 hp 2-stroke... how's the fuel consumption?Hi John, after having had 2 x 40hp four strokes on my previous boat, i thought my fuel consumption would go through the roof now.In reality even though the boat is bigger, heavier and with bigger motors, the difference in fuel usage is negligable.When purchasing the boat, my initial thought was to upgrade the motors to 4 strokes but after having used it a few times i wont be going that route.
Quote from: MichaelK on July 10, 2017, 02:22:12 PMI upgraded my boats category from Cat C to Cat B.I see you're running 2 yammies 90 hp 2-stroke... how's the fuel consumption?
I upgraded my boats category from Cat C to Cat B.
Dodger I can't get my head around smaller jets = better fuel consumption with no noticeable drop in power. Logically if you put smaller jets in it should save on fuel but then it should also be saving on the power-output, no?Personally I think there's more to gain wrt fuel economy with lessening drag and weight, also distributing weight to an optimal and not running WOT will defs be advantageous. However if these are not possible and or already completed, then I would also like to know if putting in smaller engin jets are better?Please keep us updated?
Great! Got any figures of your current consumption (litres/nm)?
Quote from: John F on July 11, 2017, 03:54:40 PMGreat! Got any figures of your current consumption (litres/nm)?John i havent worked that out yet. Ill check on my next trip out and let you know.
I dreamt about having a boat again. That's what I did I dreamt about my boat.
When I have a boat I worry about the cost and when I don't have a boat I miss the days on the water.
Had my yammy 40hp re jetted with smaller jets. Made no difference to the oomph. Fuel consumption was brilliant. On a skivee 500 sport, d 3 up. On 4 cans will go passed ballito from durban, then out deep and bottom fish, and still have fuel left over.
Henk you are spot on, the thoughts are that the 85 yammies was built in a low cost fuel era They have an enormous amount of grunt. On my 19ft yeld if I open taps you need to hang on coz she jumps, I have done 70k/h on Jozini with her and not WOT so I have still some to spare and that is quick enough for meI believe that a number of charter boats with these motors have jetted down so let us see, will keep you informedspeeds taken from my GPS