0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
You can also try using an assist hook. Not many jig heads around that are big enough and even less that have good hooks and none that are reasonably priced. What we did for a guy who fished them in madagascar was to chop the hook shank off leaving you with just a jighead and something to slide into the bait. Then attach your assists to the eye of the jig head with a split ring. It worked well for deep dropshotting but I doubt it would be any use for trolling
interesting.I have done similar thing with the 7" rip tide softs. You need to ensure you have a hook right at the back, but without influencing the tail action.I used very light 7strand with small trailing stinger hook.This exercise can get expensive. My experience, 5 plastics = 1 fish.
Or like this?
Rigged for trolling and weightless casting
Quote from: Fishing Adventures on December 06, 2012, 07:44:38 PMRigged for trolling and weightless castingMike can I put a 2 ounce sinker just before the rig( sinker as in the tuna rig) so that it slides? Thanks to you and Homie went to the tackle shop and complained they changed both lures free of charge. So went home with the new lures and came up with this
I trolled mine rigged as above behind a bird all day on my left rigger. No hits. Looked like it swam well, but its broken now. Have a much better idea for rigging.
final lure.... think it would work best trolling
I think Thommo's Tiggerfish lure would work as well out at sea
This sounds interesting Mike. I like the idea of trolling soft plastics! I wonder if one could generate enough speed on ski to create a bite on them?