Author Topic: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.  (Read 3557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »
Hi all you Saltwater fundis.
 
I have been informed that our annual vacation will be at the Breakers in Umhlanga from the 14 - 21 December this year.
 
I know I'm about 7 months ahead, but hey, there's nothing wrong with pre planning. w;k
 
Tips for shore based f/f as well as light weight drop shotting would be appreciated, as would an Ulimate member looking for a salt water newbie tag along for a session. :blush:  ( no begging icon )
 
A reference to a good guide for an off shore f/f day ,( which does not need a second bond on the house to pay for :shk  ) would be just as much appreciated. :clwn
 
Thanks in advance, I know that  :appr:  will come to the party.
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »
Bump. Come on guys & Gals.
 
Some help please, otherwise I'm going to have to pester people with PM's. :crzy :-(
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:28:40 PM »
Herman, can't help with the f/f but don't worry about going and getting anything for the drop shot... I've got tons, and I'll put together a pack that should be good enough for anything that's biting. Hopefully I might even tag along !

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »
Homie, if you are there at the time, WHAT A PLEASURE :happ: to fish with you.
 
Maybe you can watch me see my @rse this time. :crzy
 
I would really like to get a Natal springer and a shad on fly  :rck" .
 
Who would be the best Durban based "charter" for a day on the deep blue. ?
 
Please PM me as I don't think it's "right" to post the answer on the thread. w;k
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
Herman good luck for the trip, there are a couple of guys who fish the Durban area on fly quite often on the forum and get Barracuda, Springer and Kingies I am sure they would be of great help to you...

Any specific information that I could possibly help you with? As i do not know the area but know a bit about saltwater fly  w;k

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
Herman, you gonna sukkel a bit Umhlanga with fly fishing this time of the year (suppose I'm gonna eat my words!).
 
Rather take your heavy guns as there should be good flat fish around.
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »
@ Gareth, please PM me names,  :dunno:
 
I'm also willing to travel. Just because I'm based in Umhlanga, dosn't mean I have to fish there. w;k
 
Where are the deep blue boys  :dunno: :dunno:
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:10 AM »
I cant find the threads now Herman, but will keep looking.

Offline Arkitek

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 107
  • Cred: 4
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Umhlanga . 14 - 21 Dec 2012.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
i havent heard of anyone fly fishing in the umhlanga area but i do know that medium to heavy tackle is well worth a shot there. Mussel cracker stumpies etc some really nice fish there. hoep this helps somehow

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal