Author Topic: Madagascar Trip report  (Read 10031 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Tommo

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1188
  • Cred: 220
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pennington
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 08:53:47 AM »
About my Job, too true! I have to pinch myself every now and then to make sure I am not dreaming. Definitely living the dream. I wouldn't swap jobs with anyone in the world, not even Angelina Jolie's Gynae...
ET, we didn't flyfish on this trip, but I reckon that there is great potential there for flyfishing. Sailies would be an obvious target, but I am sure that you could get GT's, Dorado, a host of other gamefish and reef species and possibly even a Doggie, as they were feeding in abou the 30m zone...

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »
Tommo how does the madagascar fishery compare to the seychelles? Obviously seychelles is quite a bit more expensive

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:17 AM »
About my Job, too true! I have to pinch myself every now and then to make sure I am not dreaming. Definitely living the dream. I wouldn't swap jobs with anyone in the world, not even Angelina Jolie's Gynae...
ET, we didn't flyfish on this trip, but I reckon that there is great potential there for flyfishing. Sailies would be an obvious target, but I am sure that you could get GT's, Dorado, a host of other gamefish and reef species and possibly even a Doggie, as they were feeding in abou the 30m zone...

 :rotfl :hyst: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: great start to a Friday, thank you Tommo!

Offline Tommo

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1188
  • Cred: 220
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pennington
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
Hi Half Pint, I think the fishery in Madagascar compares very well with that of the Seychelles, at a fraction of the price. The same species are on offer, and there is a massive area of virtually untouched fishery to explore. I look forward to going back next year, once Brandon has had more time to check the area out properly. I think it is going to be a very popular destination with SA fishermen!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:04:36 AM by Tommo »

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
Thanx for the reply Tommo w;k

Offline super_daav

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 855
  • Cred: 74
  • Gender: Male
  • Lower Zambezi 2009
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
Awesome stuff Tommo!! Looks very affordable!!
 
As for your job and Angelina's gynae, hmmm that might have to go to a vote... Admin poll maybe?
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent

Offline L Hooker

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1330
  • Cred: 55
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Madagascar Trip report
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »
Thanks for the report Tommo looks awesome

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal