Author Topic: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds  (Read 21804 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
    I suggest trying in the rivers at Belfast, you should catch  one for every other fish you catch.  They  are a pest there.  Don’t bargain on the  Cape though… This is good news for the indigenous species and a great leap  forward for us. Let’s see how this progress as this was the first one of a few  spots they will be treating to kill alien fish. 
     
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
Cool, where in Belfast Wynand?

Hopefully the indigenous species pull through this one well!

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
I went to the area just as you enter Belfast from Dullstroom side you turn Left on the side of town the waters there, it should keep you busy, its almost a pest to be honest...
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »
Really?

Is it stillwater or stream fishing? And is it a private area or what?

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
As far as I know its municipal land, you need a day license you can get from Rod & Reel Tackle shop, next to the Old Alsumic Tackle shop facing the main road, dont expect to much from this shop, however they will direct you to all spots where you can target Bass/Trout, but I only got bass NO trout. The place I am talking about is just down the road from one or other film studio, I recall it being a bit weird to have a filmhouse in Belsfast... You should get streams and stills within 10 mins drive, I spend some time at the still waters and then moved down the road to the stream. I will not make it a special trip to Belfast just for this, as I was dissapointed but if you go to Dullstroom I will definately stop there for 4-5 hours if I were you.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:48:08 PM by Wynand13 »
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: The History Of Trout In South Africa & What The Future Holds
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »
Awesome thanks Wynand!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal