Author Topic: spring bail removal of Ultegra  (Read 5435 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Angler 1

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 225
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
spring bail removal of Ultegra
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »
Hey gents before i go prodding around and messing things up has anyone removed the spring loaded mechanism on their ultegra's , if so pls share many thank s --Don
IF YOU NOT LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE YOU TAKING UP SPACE!!!!!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: spring bail removal of Ultegra
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 02:57:05 PM »
Someone needs to send me an Ultegra for a service...

Offline Angler 1

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 225
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: spring bail removal of Ultegra
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
eish is it that complicated ! thought id do it myself lol!
IF YOU NOT LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE YOU TAKING UP SPACE!!!!!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: spring bail removal of Ultegra
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
eish is it that complicated ! thought id do it myself lol!

Maybe it is easy! But I've never opened an Ultegra up, so I can't be sure... if it's similar to other Bail springs on fixed spool reels... then it can be seriously complicated.

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: spring bail removal of Ultegra
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »
Tony if you are looking for an ultegra to do a tut on I will happily volunteer mine. Although it hasn't been fished much I don't know anyone in GP that has fished them hard yet

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: spring bail removal of Ultegra
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
Tony if you are looking for an ultegra to do a tut on I will happily volunteer mine. Although it hasn't been fished much I don't know anyone in GP that has fished them hard yet

Awesome thanks Brad...! As soon as we come back from Vidal, I'll make a plan to get it from you!  :udman:

Offline Angler 1

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 225
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: spring bail removal of Ultegra
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »
WONDERFUL! SO FOR NOW I LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!
IF YOU NOT LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE YOU TAKING UP SPACE!!!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal