0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Great advice there WK.I guess a bit of trial and error is in order
As a specialist grinder overwinder here on UA I will give you the reverse of what I do. With the new grinder rods you can't place the reel up the blank because it gets very hard to put in a bucket and fight the fish with the reel at about chest height. All the rods are built with the reel at the bottom the same as for a multiplier. You will also need the bionic finger because whacking a cast with a 6oz and bait will hurt your finger. Just tighten your drag up and practice a bit at a quiet spot because the feeling is very different to a normal rig
Hi gents i fished our first comp yesterday in WP , used my sarogossa i decided to really hammer it and guess what , i thew a mile , the distance i got was noticably further that the others with mulipliers i can only imagine what ill do with an ultegra , i have deicided to keep the sarogossa for bigger nunus and get an ultegra for medium fish !
It will have to be redone. The eyes are on the wrong side of the blank generally they also turn the legs of the first 2 eyes around
Sorry for the hijack!!! Can you use any rod to cast a grinder or do you guys have rods specifically made to be fished with a grinder? I have quite a few old rods and would like to set one of them up with a grinder, just not sure if a rod that was built for a can be used to work with a ??
Hi guys/gals, I just ordered my P6 and Ultegra 14000 Ci4 from Gremlins.I am so excited that I am actually getting goosebumps The question that I have may stem from a little paranoia...but heck here goes anyway:Is there a preferred casting technique for the grinder set up? I am just a little concened about altering my technique.(old dogs and new tricks if you get my drift) What is the opinion out there?
The bionic finger takes care of that
Ok that would be different. I'm not sure how much a glove would help with a 6oz and bait attached. I'd be very scared to test! Btw how did it break