0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bud he was using flies on spinning tackle casting it 120+
So like I said recently Barry Wareham is a Legend, and after waking up at 5am this morning especially just to catch the Off the Chart Adventure show which I missed last week confirmed this and added that he his a pioneer in the art of spinning.Did anyone else catch the show?They were spinning off the point at Nyati Lodge & and could see the fish moving in the area, they tried all sorts of plugs, spoons basically all the lures in their arsernal but the fish were just not interested. The LEGEND then made his on trace, tying a sinker and a fly, yes I said a FLY and and proceeded to spin with this setup and trues nuts he quickly hooked a few Spotted Pompano, this gent is a genius.So vidal boys pack your flies
This is a great modification of the dropper or trailer fly idea used a lot overseas. He have been using it for a while with success, and it often gets a pull in difficult conditions. Here is what Barry have written about it on his blog: http://www.basilmanning.co.za/barry-s-blog/interesting-articles-written-by-barry-wareham/spin-fishing-using-the-dropper-technique.html Keep an eye on his blog... he promised to post some pictures of the rig soon. If he doesn't update the blog before your trip, I will do a tutorial purely based on what he showed and told me.... I have tried it over the week-end without success, but then again none of my other attempts landed anything other than Toby's