Author Topic: How many trout fishermen out there?  (Read 13071 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »
It was close to the same retrieves I use in summer time...


They are getting ready to "spawn" so they are fattening a bit.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
Ok cool  :tkx: do you get many Browns where you fish?

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
Only rainbow's....


I have only caught 1 brown trout in the Dullstroom dam in 1984 I think...


Maybe today they are stocked more

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »
Ok cool... :sml:

Offline Big Van

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 431
  • Cred: 33
  • Location: Middelburg Mpumalanga
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »
Hi Guys
I am into flyfishing all species but trout is the favourite. Records currently -Brown -3.4 kg , Rainbow-3.5 and golden-1.8 kg. All species caught at Leeuwkloof Trout Estate. Contact me if you want to go there I can organise better accommodation prices UA Boytjies.
Cheers mates

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
I'm visiting Doornkop from Thursday till Sunday...can't wait

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »
I'm visiting Doornkop from Thursday till Sunday...can't wait


Where is Doornkop situated?

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 07:42:46 AM »
Gerhard,

It is between Machado and Cornelia. It's lovely, about 10 dams + 1 big trophy dam. and lots of river, about 15km of it.

Will report back

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 07:43:42 AM »
Enjoy...




Offline shagnrelease

  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 10:50:40 AM »
I'm visiting Doornkop from Thursday till Sunday...can't wait

geez bud do you not work?? vidal, sodwana catching couta and then of to Doornkop, man what am I doing wrong..... :cry:

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: How many trout fishermen out there?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
Greg, coming from you...... lol....

My wife's b-day Friday...so I had to get a place that's got all the lekker stuff for her (spa etc etc)...she doesn't know yet that I can fish there :-)

She will find out when we arrive haha

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal