The weekend started with some of my mates leaving early Thursday night infact for the Transkei, some of us where not so lucky and could only leave after work on Friday. But none the less the first report came thru early Friday morning with some hammers being cought and by 8H30 a picture comes thru with a reel being spooled. ( Now this is realy not the type of thing that you want to see when you stuck at work.)
A little while later a nother report comes thru that my mates lost a hammer on the gaf with a big Zambie taxing it. I think the gaffer went 7 shades of white. Just to think that the hammer you have gaffed about 14 foot away from you has just been taxed. Scary stuff.
By this time the day could not get to its end fast anough. At some stage I asked them not to phone me unless they wanted us to bring something down to them that they had forgotten.
We eventually arived with them at about midnight.We listened to all the stories and unpacked, some of us had to spool some reels and make some traces. I got to bed at 02H30 and woke up at 04H00. It took about three cups of coffy to get my systim kick started.
The days fishing started of with big expectations because of the previous day. I ended up getting my share of the shad and one cob with a sardine drift bait. This thing took of and i thought I had one donky of a shad on the end of the hook, to our surprise it was a cob. Sorry it did not go back, it went straight into the hot oil back at home last night.
One of the chaps fishing with me had a pick up and the game was on. We eventually got the fish to a safe place to land and my rod goes of . I ran like hell to get to my rod in time. A litle while later I was making my way over the rocks to get to a save landing place. I jumped of to a lower section and to my disgust bumped the clip on my reel and all hel broke loose trying to get all the loos line sorted out, but it was to late and the fish was cut of on the rocks.
My mates managed to land two three sharks for the morning and we lost some other fish or at least the fish did not hold on the bait long anough to get the hooks set.
Saterday night the rain came down hard and just never stoped.
We left at about 07H30 and we got to the first bridge on our way back home and their was only water. After a while with some carefull cosideration we went thru. We all made it safely but the next bridge was gone and we had to do a two and a half our detour on the small Transkei roads to get back on the main road back home.
We eventualy all made it back safely with some extra time spent on the road. All in all the trip was good and we managed to have a lot of fun even if the fishing was not what we wanted.
I dont have have any photo's of the sharks but I do have a photo of the bridge that was covered with water wich I will post for you a bit later.