Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Trout fishing
»
Elandskloof report back
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Elandskloof report back (Read 5399 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Gerhard
Ultimate member
Posts: 904
Cred: 75
Gender:
Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Elandskloof report back
«
on:
May 02, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »
Guys,
Just got back from a 10 day brake away to Dullies and surrounds.
I have attempted and completed my McNab challenge at Elandskloof last Wednesday and went back on Saturday to really fish hard...
The end result was a red letter 20 odd fish form 09:00 to 15:00 and this is despite the cold westerly winds pumping the whole day or the 30 odd mm of rain they received during the week.
It strange that that evening I heard guys complaining that there is not enough fish in the dams ...
Some more photos
I will be fishing this venue this winter again as well as attending the trout festival they have on the 20th of August.
It been a long time since I have enjoyed the kind of hospitality like I had this past week in Dullstroom...
Logged
SAfish
Angler of the Month - April 2015
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 4238
Cred: 137
Gender:
Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #1 on:
May 02, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
Great report, Gerhard and
You make it look so easy.
Logged
John F
Moderator
Posts: 6563
Cred: 522
Gender:
Virtus et Honos
Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #2 on:
May 02, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
Very nice!
Logged
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)
Herman Jooste
Senior Member
Posts: 682
Cred: 58
Gender:
Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #3 on:
May 02, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
Great report back on what seems like an awesome 10 day holiday.
It's weird how opinions differ about a venue. Gerhard, I know you've read this, but maybe some other menbers haven't.
Please read the whole thread to get an overall perspective.
One day, when I'm big I'll go for trout. Till then I'll hunt the easy SM & LM yellows in the Vaal and Orange.
Admin: Sorry Herman, can't allow that link.
Logged
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".
Gerhard
Ultimate member
Posts: 904
Cred: 75
Gender:
Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #4 on:
May 02, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »
Yea Herman,
I know about this report...
And I keep smiling at some of the "desk fly fishers" moaning and groaning about a venue...
Like I said,
I hammered them and had a very enjoyable day knowing in that same dam there are 4.5kg fish swimming around...
That evening while watching rugby and eating a fallow deer potjie listening to people complaining about the fishing.
I for one will definitively be going back later in winter not only for the fishing but for the whole weekend experience.
Logged
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #5 on:
May 02, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
Wow! Great skills Gerhard! Nice report and well done!
Logged
fedu
Senior Member
Posts: 530
Cred: 70
Gender:
Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #6 on:
May 03, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »
hehehehehehehehe,
Logged
Cam Mundy
Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
Ultimate member
Posts: 1178
Cred: 93
Gender:
Keep Casting!
Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #7 on:
May 03, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »
Nice catches there Gerhard
I'm impressed with the photography especially the under water shots
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #8 on:
May 03, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »
Awesome stuff Gerhard
and lovely
there
Logged
Rory
Ultimate member
Posts: 1270
Cred: 175
Gender:
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #9 on:
May 03, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »
Nice fish Gerhard!!
I like the underwater pic with the fish and the Dragonfly fly, super stuff man!
Logged
Gerhard
Ultimate member
Posts: 904
Cred: 75
Gender:
Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #10 on:
May 03, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
Thanks guys,
Glad you like the photos...
Logged
Kumz
Retired
Posts: 0
Cred: 0
Gender:
Re: Elandskloof report back
«
Reply #11 on:
May 03, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »
....
... Superb report ....
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Trout fishing
»
Elandskloof report back
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal