Author Topic: Charka's Rock  (Read 5321 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Action Man

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 432
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Charka's Rock
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
Hey Gents

So yesterday afternoon I decided to go have a throw at charka's as the sea was up and you not in to much danger and after having 3 days of NE blowing and it was hot as hell I was after a Sandie. I had the perfect baits for him aswell. So I get down there and see the rip on the right is still there and let go with my TN40 and 365. So out of my chiller comes the mother of all occies, had to made a few adjustments to make him smaller and in no time out it was skipping on the water and down to the deep where my sinker was. I had a small pick up and knew it was a grey shark from the bite but thankfully it droped the bait, it obviously couldnt finish such a big bait. So I left my bait out and about 15min I got pulled flat...fish pulled some string then I locked up, I then got alot of loose line and thought I got burnt off, but the fish actually doubled back in and tried to chow me off. Made short work of her and in about 10min had the small blackfin in the gulley I wanted to pull it up. Measured and a quick pic from my mate and she was off. Measurement was 148cm which gives you 52kg but the fish wasnt that big but I'll claim it! lol

Still wanting my Sandy I cliped a small Sarda Sarda and it to was out in the deep. I waited a while and then I got loose line, I was just waiting for that slow pull down the typocal bite from a Sandy but again was dissapointed as a grey of 13kg chowed my bait. Made quick work of him and let him go. My mate then got a grey and thats when I packed up as Im sick of catching grey sharks lol
A wise man once told me life is to short for ugly girls and cheap fishing tackle!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
Nice Stef!  (clap) Don't become blase now about catching fish!  :hnthnt: Neptune will punish you!!!

Offline Action Man

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 432
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:03:36 PM »
Tony im catching on average 20 greys a week, they are wild up north. I even caught one on my 9ft dropshot rod. On heavy tackle i was using it no fun...been catching them all on the grinder. So Im pretty over grey sharks at the moment! lol
A wise man once told me life is to short for ugly girls and cheap fishing tackle!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
Nice report  :sml:

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »
Nice one !!!

Congrats  w;k

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »
Nice One Stef ...


May see u in Dec ..We can hunting together ...  w;k

Offline Action Man

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 432
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
Nice One Stef ...


May see u in Dec ..We can hunting together ...  w;k

When in December?
Cause from the 16th Im going to be hunting in the Eastern Cape :ayb
A wise man once told me life is to short for ugly girls and cheap fishing tackle!

Offline BigG

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 476
  • Cred: 38
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish on weekends to feed the kids...
  • Location: Greenstonehill, Gauteng
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
Hey Gents

My mate then got a grey and thats when I packed up as Im sick of catching grey sharks lol

You bragging now Action Man,  :hehe: 13kg grey,  perfect size to swim
If you so tired of catching the greys why don't you swim one for some proper action
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Offline Action Man

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 432
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »
You bragging now Action Man,  :hehe: 13kg grey,  perfect size to swim
If you so tired of catching the greys why don't you swim one for some proper action

BigG the area is not right to swim...there is to much reef in the water for him to hide behind or cut you off on. When the time is right to swim a bait I will, it all a patience game with the big fish.
A wise man once told me life is to short for ugly girls and cheap fishing tackle!

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:17 AM »
When in December?
Cause from the 16th Im going to be hunting in the Eastern Cape :ayb

Nah it will b after that ...Next Time ...  w;k

Offline BigG

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 476
  • Cred: 38
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish on weekends to feed the kids...
  • Location: Greenstonehill, Gauteng
Re: Charka's Rock
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:08:57 AM »
BigG the area is not right to swim...there is to much reef in the water for him to hide behind or cut you off on. When the time is right to swim a bait I will, it all a patience game with the big fish.

Cool !!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal