Author Topic: Fishing Struisbaai 24-27 October  (Read 64 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Karli Meyer

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Worcester
Fishing Struisbaai 24-27 October
« on: September 28, 2026, 09:13:11 PM »
Hi everyone 👋


I’m heading down to Struisbaai from 24–27 October with my family and I’m hoping to get a bit of fishing in while we’re there.


I’m fairly new to fishing the Struisbaai area, so I’d really appreciate some advice from the guys who know the area well.


I’d especially like to know:


• What tides and times would you recommend fishing during those dates?
• What species can I realistically expect around that time of year?
• What bait would you recommend for the different species?
• Are there any good shore/rock fishing spots you’d recommend for someone who doesn’t know the area?
• Which areas are better for kob, galjoen, steenbras, elf, grunter, etc.?
• Are there particular wind, swell or water conditions I should look out for?
• Any tips on where to fish day vs night would also be greatly appreciated.


I’m mainly interested in shore fishing and would love to catch something decent, but I’m also happy just getting out there and enjoying the fishing.


If anyone is willing to share some local knowledge or point me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it. 🙏🎣


Tight lines!

Offline Vaaliebassman

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 44
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: Fishing Struisbaai 24-27 October
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2026, 07:04:08 AM »
Hi,


I suggest you stop at Agulhas Banks Tackle ( 27 Main Road, Struis Baai). Leon knows the area and knows what is happening where. Speak to him. He also sells fresh bait etc. He is also on this forum. Maybe he will reply.

If you do a search here on the forum you will also find a lot of info on Struis.

Tight lines
« Last Edit: September 30, 2026, 07:09:36 AM by Vaaliebassman »
If you have nothing good to say then say nothing!

Offline Karli Meyer

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Worcester
Re: Fishing Struisbaai 24-27 October
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2026, 11:21:18 AM »
Thank you, I appreciate it

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal