Author Topic: Dullstroom fishing  (Read 13410 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hermansteytler

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bryanston
Dullstroom fishing
« on: April 19, 2023, 03:24:42 PM »
We just returned from Dullstroom from a two-day break. Dunkeld, which produced good catches for me in the past, didn't this time. We loved our stay though. Dates we fished: 17 & 18 April 2023.

Offline ianf

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 968
  • Cred: 46
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg, Gauteng
Re: Dullstroom fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 07:08:32 AM »
I spent a week down at Banana Beach (just north of Port Shepstone), and blanked too. I saw one small, but legal size shad, and one small cob come out in te whole week. I fished most mornings, mostly throwing lures, spoons and plugs, and also tried some lovely pink prawn. The other people using sards were not catching anything either. I did not travel up or down the coast, just fished Banana Beach as it was an easy walk from the time share where we were staying. Spoke to other people who had tried other spots, and they were also not catching much.
Was much better than being at work though...............   

Offline colin

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kelland , Randburg
Re: Dullstroom fishing
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 07:56:10 PM »
I have been at St Michaels for 3 weeks , I overlook Orange rocks , have not seen anything caught in Uvongo , st Michaels or Manaba , NOTHING . The fishermen are not even on trying anymore , guys with GP numberplates arrive throw in and after a while give up, the locals that i see on previous trips are not even coming out .  :dunno: :toppie:
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal