Hi guys

On Friday I traveled to Dullstroom to a fly fishing resort called millstream Farm... I was so amped to catch some trout as I have not been fly fishing for 6 months prior to this weekend. I checked the weather on Thursday and all looked ok... The Temperatures for the weekend were between 18 and 21 with minimal rain... Wow I wish we had those temperatures! Got there at about 4pm on Friday and the car temp gauge read 8 degrees Celsius! It was also misty and raining... Similar temperatures and weather conditions plagued the rest of the weekend although some parts of Saturday and Sunday randomly shot up to 25... The weather was very weird!
Anyways lets talk about the fishing... I Originally set out to catch at least 10 Rainbow Trout but I knew it was going to be tough as the weather was really annoying! I blanked on Friday when I went for a 90 minute session so I decided to get up at 530 am on Saturday... I was fishing with my cousin during the weekend and he also found it tough. So I fished for 3 hours in the cold on Saturday until I decided to change to sinking line and put on a size 14 black woolly bugger... A few casts later I was tight with a beautiful Rainbow, He was on for almost a minute until one to many jumps he finally shook the fly. He looked about half a kilo and was a decent fish! Two casts later in that same spot I was vas again... This time I got the fish to the bank successfully! I was pumping with adrenaline... I weighed him and the scale read 750 grams, a very nice fish! I caught the Rainbow in one of many weirs on the farm called Irresistable. The rest of the morning and afternoon I proceeded to try every fly known to man but nothing... I even tried a hopper imitation that was half the size of my hand and obviously that didnt catch me anything.
I continued to fish into the dark on Saturday and tied a Zulu onto my 6lb leader. As it got dark I was on and very happy... I struggled to land him as I was fishing on a ledge and my net was about 100 meters away from me... I eventually walked to a spot and landed the fish. I was very happy and cold as it was almost 7pm... I kept both the fish that day and my cousin caught a 400 gram Rainbow on a San Juan worm which he kept as well. All in all I was happy with the days return.
I slept in on Sunday and got onto the water at 8am... My cousin had already been out for 2 hours and had no action so I felt a bit guilty when my 3rd cast produced a beautiful Rainbow of 1KG... Again on the Zulu. It was one of the strongest fish I had ever fought on fly, the Rainbow trout almost took me into my backing and the fight lasted about 5 minutes. The rest of the day I had no more action and my cousin started having a bit of luck... He landed a 1KG fish too on the San Juan Worm again and he lost a massive fish of about 1.5 KGs... He wasnt very happy about that! All in all it went alot beter than I had expected when I saw the weather on Friday we had caught 5 fish between the two of us and many other anglers that weekend had not caught anything... :sml: :sml: :sml:Here are some pics: