Author Topic: ST LUCIA  (Read 2414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rockslide

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Stormberg
ST LUCIA
« on: September 10, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »
Good afternoon


What is St Lucia and surrounding areas like lately for spinning?
Moving to the lowveld soon and will be close enough to St Lucia Mapelane, C Vidal etc.
I haven't been there in ages


I read what Steenie and others in old threads told about the mining at the mouth with consequential un-fishable waters.
Is that something of the past?


Thanks in advance





Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Offline Steenie

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 748
  • Cred: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Durban-based shore spinnerman
  • Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Re: ST LUCIA
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »
Good afternoon


What is St Lucia and surrounding areas like lately for spinning?
Moving to the lowveld soon and will be close enough to St Lucia Mapelane, C Vidal etc.
I haven't been there in ages


I read what Steenie and others in old threads told about the mining at the mouth with consequential un-fishable waters.
Is that something of the past?


Thanks in advance


Fishing can be really good under right conditions.  The options are nearly limitless there with the close proximity of Mission rocks, Cape Vidal and Maphelane.

Offline Rockslide

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Stormberg
Re: ST LUCIA
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 12:57:27 PM »
Thanks Steenie
Sorry for replying only now. Hectic couple of weeks trying to mitigate the lockdown damage to business.
If you would not mind, and the stars align, I would like to "hook" up with you when I'm there?
I can do with serious couching :-) :blush:



Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal