Good morning Muzwaid
I am not sure if you going to fish by boat or from the bat center, but I have seen guys using minnows at the bat center,
I tried using paddle tails from there but had no success, however when I switched to a small spoon, I managed to get a needle fish around 40 cm and a Shad of 32 cm, this was on the incoming tide..
Would regards to fishing from the boat, I am going on the 2nd Feb with work colleges and I am going to try and use some lures.
I am going to be carrying some 5" paddle tails, some small spoons, maybe a small gt ice cream plug.
As Simon says, try different retrieves and the one that gets a bite, use that retrieve, it wont be easy but perseverance is the key.
Oh and I caught a 40 cm Ox eye on a cracker shrimp on a 6 ft rod and a couple of Kob
Must have general bait license to use those, so if you have one try one rod for lure fishing and one for general bait fishing, it will be more fun.