0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Good afternoon GuysI purchased the rod and reel @ Fishing Addicts here in Clairwood.They loaded the braid for me also.I just need a few pointers.1) The leader line? how many lb leader should I get and how long should it be? and should I join it using the FG knot?2) Can I attach a clip on the end?3) Should I change the treble hooks on spoons for single hooks?4) Any place around the Bluff where I can try to use my setup, Wanted to try Ansteys, but hijackings are becoming more frequent and I don't think there is any fish there anymore, did not get a chance last weekend due to the windy conditions.thank you
Huh Kes? :) What is your reasoning behind that advice, please do tell..Also, have you personally fished/spun with a stradic (new or old model no matter) before and for a few times a week for an extended period, like over a season or three? Just curious here..I haven't met many yet that have, and don't recommend the reel. There are reasons. I borrowed a slammer once when my sustain was in for a service..Can blame the reel or blame the braid, both played their part, but I was the only one not to catch a fish that day as I spent the day picking out windknots and retying my leader knot, while watching everyone casting @ shoals. These days I spin with mono to avoid that as much as I can and then when I cant avoid the braid one of my stradics come out to play. Last braid session was a nightmare anyway, windknots, eyewraps, throwing lures off, even though setup is as "windknot proof" as one could be, reminds me why I hate the stuff irrespective of the reel its on. LOL
Thanks guys but i'll stick with the stradic.
Fishing Addicts has the Sustain FI for R50 more... :)Based on my experience, Sustain FTW..I fish a Slammer 6500HS on my light set up and there is one thing for sure when I go out, the Slammer is the first reel in my bag.