Author Topic: LIght spinning near Cape Town  (Read 4497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vrvilo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing is life!
  • Location: Berlin
LIght spinning near Cape Town
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »

Hello to everybody!!
I am coming from Croatia.I am big fun of light spinning there and now i will stay in Sea Point for four weeks.I read on the forum but i couoldnt find some places for spinning near here...It would be very helpfull if somebody can help me.I am talking abut medium/light tackle..And where to buy permit for same?
Thank you!

Offline Bigben

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 124
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
Your best bet would be the area from Kalkbay harbour to Simons Town.


Fish hoek and Clovelly area has some nice deepwater spots.


Target species would include:
Shad/Elf ( bluefish)
Yellow tail (Kingfish)
Possibly leerfish (Garrick)


A permit can be bought at any Post Office.


Regards
Ben

Offline Vrvilo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing is life!
  • Location: Berlin
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »
Thank you very much for the in formation!This week I think I will go there to try. :-) And can you tell me for small bonitos,mackrelle is that possible to find there also?
Best regards!


Offline travelmember

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 663
  • Cred: 49
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town Western Cape
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »
Mackerel, kantonkel (like bonnies) and yellowtail were all there last week - between Simonstown railway beach and Fish Hoek. You just need to find them.

Offline Vrvilo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing is life!
  • Location: Berlin
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 08:18:49 PM »
Great information!!Best time for catch them is morning till 10 and afternon from 4 till sunset.That how is it in Croatian sea.I cant wait to go there..I alreadi was driving two times there and allways saw somebody trhere.Some special warning?Or advice??That will nbe nice
Thanks!


Offline Bigben

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 124
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 10:08:44 AM »
Early mornings with sunrise is a good bet.
However don't be alone.. 2-3 ppl.




Offline Vrvilo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing is life!
  • Location: Berlin
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
Thanks Bigben!I know that it can be dangerous if you are alone.Today i was in the post office and tooke permit and get some maps where is alloud to fish arround Table Mountain National park and I dont quite understand that..Is in yellow areas alloud to fish or not?Couse thats marine protected areas..And secound thing,can we meet on a beer mmaybee somewhere at Sea point (bar ADRIATIC) just to exchange some experience??
 :fshn:

Offline Vrvilo

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Fishing is life!
  • Location: Berlin
Re: LIght spinning near Cape Town
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 04:20:09 PM »
Beer on me!
 w;k

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal