Gav and I went to Emhlangeni yesterday to do a bit of fly fishing... I havent caught a fish in ages, so it was a good break

Anyways, just a short report, nothing too much to write about.
We arrived at 9am, and to our surprise we had the whole place to ourselves (Up until 3pm). Was really awesome. The Blesbok were going crazy the whole day though, running up and down for apparently no reason

Back to the fishing. We saw fish rising in the first dam (We had the boma on the min island at the second dam), and we went to investigate. We spotted 3 huge Grass Carp, I hooked one of these guys on a 5 weight last year, and it was mayhem, needless to say I didnt land it. So we stalked some Trout and after a few casts I sight fished a nice Rainbow of 400 grams or so. Really strong for a stockie. Caught it on a modified white fritz (tungsten bead, fritz body, woolly bugger tail). So I was chuffed.
Then Gav went on with a Pancora, a bit of a better fish than mine.
Then it went dead. The fish were in full spawn and there were only a few fish that were cruising looking to eat. Gav managed to get one of these cruising fish on a green buzzer, fished under a GRHE and PTN hotspot. He then caught another fish on a Pancora.
What was really interesting was the amount of chases we got (Which spawning fish always do), but they literally inhaled and spat the fly out immediately. We could have easily landed 20 fish if they ate a bit slower. More than likely they were just trying to get rid of the annoyance. Only one pic...
So 4 fish for the day, biggest 700 grams, a great Sunday!