Author Topic: My First Brown in 13 Years!  (Read 7616 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
My First Brown in 13 Years!
« on: November 29, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »
Will post a report once I have all the pics, but had to share this little guy, caught on a size 16 GRHE. Last time I caught a brown was when I was 14!

Offline bassbug

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 401
  • Cred: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: randburg gauteng
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »
well done Walkerskiller, great looking browny

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 06:29:21 PM »
Thanks bru!

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 05:53:28 AM »
Congrats G! (clap)

Is this species rare?
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 05:58:09 AM »
 (clap) Well done Mate!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 06:39:41 AM »
Nice Gaz! Well done!

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 06:51:54 AM »
Good one mate  (clap)
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: My First Brown in 13 Years!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 07:16:25 AM »
Thanks gents!

@Marcos not rare, common in a few parts of the Country, the venues I fish don't normally stock Brown Trout. I caught my previous Brown in a stream in the Eastern Cape. So it is basically because I havent fished areas with Browns, they are very rare at Millstream. Been fishing there since I was 9, and this is the first Brown I have landed!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal