Author Topic: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?  (Read 4046 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ONDE ONDA

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 106
  • Cred: 3
  • Location: Uvongo KZN and Jozies
What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »
I was fishing Shelly Beach over the weekend and yet a trip out no good. The Tuna Disappeared, of Protea, no Geelbek as what it used to be, no Natal Snoek at all this year in this area, my live-bait places empty. From the rock and surf the Shad is under size, few Garrick and Cob. Never seen it like this has anybody a clue what’s happening?
Sardiens still in DURBAN in September?
Snoek in Vidal in September?       
Big shad gone this year?
IF IT SWIMS I CATCH IT

geno77

  • Guest
Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »
That is not good news. I'll be there in two weeks. Sounds like I must rather opt for the golf clubs, or NOT. I haven't been fishing since Feb so even if it is small blacktail I have to catch, so be it.

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »
I was fishing Shelly Beach over the weekend and yet a trip out no good. The Tuna Disappeared, of Protea, no Geelbek as what it used to be, no Natal Snoek at all this year in this area, my live-bait places empty. From the rock and surf the Shad is under size, few Garrick and Cob. Never seen it like this has anybody a clue what’s happening?
Sardiens still in DURBAN in September?
Snoek in Vidal in September?       
Big shad gone this year?

lol Shad is closed right.

Johan I think there is definitely something going on with the seasons...they are all out of whack.

Anyway maybe the tunnies decided they had enough of the 2 million sharks on Protea.
 You should try hunting some of the other reefs in the area and leave Protea and it's sharks alone :-)


Offline ONDE ONDA

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 106
  • Cred: 3
  • Location: Uvongo KZN and Jozies
Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »
lol Shad is closed right.

Johan I think there is definitely something going on with the seasons...they are all out of whack.

Anyway maybe the tunnies decided they had enough of the 2 million sharks on Protea.
 You should try hunting some of the other reefs in the area and leave Protea and it's sharks alone :-)

The 2 mill sharks is a problem see my new post thank Jaen
   
IF IT SWIMS I CATCH IT

Offline shagnrelease

  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male

Offline tkei

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1226
  • Cred: 92
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: What happened to all the fish on the south coast?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
Having seen how the shelly beach/ port shepstone fishermen (not anglers) behave in the transkei, I am not surprised that there are no fish left on the south coast.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal