Author Topic: 2015 - Queens  (Read 2527 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
2015 - Queens
« on: October 02, 2015, 10:48:22 AM »
Its just over two years now that I 1st caught queenfish from the rocks here in Saudi on the Percian gulf.


The water temprature has been high for this time if the year...


A month ago it was still 34C but it finally started to drop a bit amd this week with the water arouns 32.5C the queens arrived.


I used my Cape Cod Special Black Hole 10.6 Nano rod paired it with my Sustain 6000 with 30 lbs braid.


This morning I decided to run the 100g Darkstar Amano to start off with.


The rod launch the Amano a good distance and with the Amano running on the surface something similar than a GT icecream difference is I can give it a pop inbetween as well.


Just after sun rise a very nice Queen hit the lure.








She weighed in at 9kg and a bunch of guys will be eating good tonight


Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
Great catch Gerry!!  (clap)

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:50:41 PM »
 :Like: amazing fish!

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 06:19:33 AM »
Well done G!

What's the best way to cook it? Like a stew?!?
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 07:03:13 AM »
Well done G!

What's the best way to cook it? Like a stew?!?


Thanks John,


In the past I filleted the fish and did the normal fresh fish pan thing.


The one of yesterday was delivered to the guys at the camp mess.


I have promised them a long time ago I will bring them some fresh fish if I catch again.


The Filipino sheffs will definitely cook it differently from what we are used too.


I will ask them later today what they did with the fish.

Offline Spickerish

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
Great catch there Gerhard!  (clap)
Trouble is just fun you got caught having

Offline Bwana

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 916
  • Cred: 206
  • Gender: Male
  • Deep Blue Addict
  • Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 08:28:22 AM »
Well done G, great fish to start the season with!  (clap)

Offline Tommo

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1188
  • Cred: 220
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pennington
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »
Nice Queen Gerhard, well done!

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
Thanks guys,


Hope it continues later the month at Mafia Island as well...

Offline JacquesdW

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CT, WC
Re: 2015 - Queens
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 03:23:28 AM »
Well Done Gerhard! That's a nice fish!
FYI, here in Singapore they are still quite plentiful because the Chinese won't eat them because they resemble a holy fish.  You never see them in the fish markets.


 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal