Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story (Read 4895 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Kevinm40
Member
Posts: 55
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: KZN
Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
on:
August 19, 2015, 10:29:24 AM »
I have been trying to put some points on the board for the past 2 months, been out of action the earlier parts of this year, missed out on the sardine run and you know the story. put some serious time in to compensate for my time out and also got the TA itch, to ease the pain, i went n got myself more plugs, irons and even more rattle lures etc. there were days I threw my arms off but still nothing! I must be doing something thing wrong, after some serious prayer and asking for forgiveness (LOL) I got out on Monday morning, persisted with an iron candy green glow targeting snoek. all I could see were dolphins and more dolphins, I felt like I was in central town at a green light waiting for the pedestrians to cross. anyways, 1st cast after a short drinks break I got good bend on my Assassin Seria and my sustain sang sweet melodies for 20 long minutes. A very strange fight, not a snoek or kingie, but it just peeled me back n forth. close to the bricks I see a Garrick, got him in closer n 1 hand on the tail only to get klapped frott by a wave, fish went straight out into the deep. few minutes later had him on a nice ledge and the waves did the rest
I got my first Garrick at 7.5kg, put a lot of research into what works and always thought i'd get a Garrick on plug, but iron candy did the trick. I guess fish will feed on whatever is on offer. the excitement hasn't warn off yet, when all is quiet, I can still hear my sustain singing!
Logged
MIKE PIKE
Ultimate Hero
Posts: 3886
Cred: 196
Gender:
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #1 on:
August 19, 2015, 10:31:30 AM »
.. Nice Kevin ..
Logged
FishStyx
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 3007
Cred: 51
Gender:
I fish, therefore I am.
Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #2 on:
August 19, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »
Awesome
Logged
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.
SAfish
Angler of the Month - April 2015
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 4238
Cred: 137
Gender:
Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #3 on:
August 19, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »
Great catch, Kevin.
Logged
small fry
Member
Posts: 35
Cred: 1
Gender:
Location: Durban KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #4 on:
August 19, 2015, 11:32:16 AM »
Thanks for a good read and congrats on an excellent catch, may we have a little more info tho, location, time etc.
Logged
Lichia amia
Retired
Posts: 0
Cred: 0
Gender:
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #5 on:
August 19, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »
Very lekkker , well done old Chap
Logged
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #6 on:
August 19, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
eXCELLENT! Well done!
Logged
Bwana
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 916
Cred: 206
Gender:
Deep Blue Addict
Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #7 on:
August 19, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »
Nice fish well done for persevering!
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #8 on:
August 19, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »
Well done bru!
Logged
sardinella
Ultimate member
Posts: 735
Cred: 24
Gender:
I like to spinfish
Location: St Lucia, KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #9 on:
August 19, 2015, 04:26:38 PM »
Great stuff, very fine catch, well done
Logged
philter
Phil
Senior Member
Posts: 109
Cred: 3
Gender:
WishIcould
Location: Springs Gauteng
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #10 on:
August 19, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
Great catch, congratulations,
Logged
colin
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 752
Cred: 13
Gender:
Location: Kelland , Randburg
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #11 on:
August 19, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »
great
.
Logged
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.
Kevinm40
Member
Posts: 55
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #12 on:
August 19, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »
Thanks guys!
Logged
dugong
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 1676
Cred: 54
Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #13 on:
August 19, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
where were you fishing?
Logged
Just Fish!!!
jball7204
Ultimate member
Posts: 274
Cred: 38
Gender:
Location: Durban North, KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #14 on:
August 19, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
Very nice!!
The best of all is that you'll never forget that one...
Logged
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane
GT
Member
Posts: 38
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #15 on:
August 22, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »
Congrats on a totally awesome catch
. Location ???
Logged
Steenie
Ultimate member
Posts: 748
Cred: 31
Gender:
Durban-based shore spinnerman
Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #16 on:
August 29, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
Very very very well done! I got my first Garrick (7 kg) on my Sierra last Monday....on the pink glow couta casting spoon! Green and pink does the trick!
Logged
Kevinm40
Member
Posts: 55
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: KZN
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #17 on:
August 31, 2015, 09:21:59 AM »
Nice fish Steenie, those Iron candies work very well!
Logged
Weedeater
Grensvegter!
Senior Member
Posts: 396
Cred: 42
Gender:
Location: Johannesburg
Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
«
Reply #18 on:
August 31, 2015, 02:53:37 PM »
Fantastic!! Well done!
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal