Author Topic: St Lucia - and rest of North coast this next two days - good weather/swell/tides  (Read 20342 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ianf

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 968
  • Cred: 46
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg, Gauteng
Thanks Fishstyx, will give it a bash.
This is mostly a "me and my wife" holiday, but she doesn't mind if I do a bit of fishing, as long as it's not all I do (she likes the game parks more than I do). So I will take along my 2 spinning rods and some spoons / lures / plugs. Thinking of taking the big assassin and some big plugs and spoons.......

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
Some nice snoek came out this morning again. Jan from Fishing Den caught two nice ones - see photo 2 posts back.
The one ate a couta casting spoon no 1 in green glow, the other a couta casting spoon no 2 in the new redhead color. The action was early and died by 07:00. Fish caught south of the old estuary mouth towards Maphelane

Offline ianf

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 968
  • Cred: 46
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg, Gauteng
Those are 2 very nice fish!! Well done Sardinella.  :happ: :happ:

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
Those are 2 very nice fish!! Well done Sardinella.  :happ: :happ:
Wish I caught them - They were caught by Jan from fishing den.  :-)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:52:06 AM by sardinella »

Offline ianf

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 968
  • Cred: 46
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg, Gauteng
As your note said, had I read it properly.
Will have to go and chat to Jan from the fishing Den

Offline colin

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kelland , Randburg
wow those are two beauties by Jan. :cgrts: . :toppie:
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline j.s.smith

  • Johny Peters
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 90
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • For the love of fishing.
  • Location: Middelburg Mp
Ya harold i also feel like enough money layd out to try and catch up with the top dogs like sardinella and all the others too many too mention etc. feel like just sticking to my older reliable equipment and start practicing to cast where the fish are. But still want the 11ft casting setup to see if i can either cast the line off or break the rod.
Early birds catches the most worms. Early worms catches the most fish.

Offline j.s.smith

  • Johny Peters
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 90
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • For the love of fishing.
  • Location: Middelburg Mp
In my experience I also had no crime related issues for the last 2 years I went to st lucia as opposed to what happened there a few years ago (crime rate was very high with them breaking windows and steal everything etc.) It feels a bit unsafe stopping at the long trees at 3 or 4 am knowing you have to walk down to the see about 1k plus not able to see your vehicle from there and no car guides that time. Luckily had no issues so far. My biggest issue at st lucia when fishing from beach early mornings is the hippos at that time of morning if you look at their tracks they really can be anywhere they even walk up the beach it was very scary to me last time I was there when the sun came up and I realized I walked past a live hippo within 20m. Also when walking down on the wooden track to the beach when dark you cannot see very far with all the vegetation and you walk right past all their kuier plekke within metres so be sure to carry a torch of some sort that is strong enough to spot them from a distance (not your led koplampie) even on the beach so you can be able to stay far enough away from them.     
Early birds catches the most worms. Early worms catches the most fish.

Offline Rory mundy

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1762
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • vidalbum
  • Location: St Lucia
There are more hippos walking the streets of st lucia at that time than walking on the beach

vidalbum

Offline ianf

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 968
  • Cred: 46
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg, Gauteng
Was down in St Lucia this past week. Went spinning 2 early'ish mornings at Estuary beach and southwards towards Mphelane. Caught nothing. There were a lot of people fishing, mostly using bait. There were some small shad coming out every now and again, just making minimum size, but I did not see anything else. There was a car guard on duty there by 06:00. Heard there was a spate of crime in the town, and the residents were having a meeting regarding the crime on Thursday.
Ianf

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal