I have several unpackaged fly lines, all seem in good nick, supple etc.
Firstly I am a total novice, caught a couple trout before, small yellows and tried for bass on fly, not successful YET.
So I have these spare lines donated to me, I have basically determined forward taper etc from visual inspection ( referring to what seems obvious characteristics ), also plonked them in the pool to check floating ans sinking etc.
How would I go about determining the actual weight of the line ???
this is obviously crucial I understand from the rod pairing, not so sure of importance re the reel weight classification.
This query is more based on interst and fascination and just perhaps I would be lucky if compatible with my entry level set ups, 4/5, 6 /7.
have checked through the posts and read from some of the more knowledgeable chaps eg WK, hope I haven't missed anything relating to my conundrum.