Author Topic: www.Afritackle.co.za for hard-to-find local SW lures & terminals - Launch Promo  (Read 14482 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline allsorts

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 101
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Lakeside, Cape Town
www.Afritackle.co.za is an online shop making SA-made lures available nationally, not just regionally.  Ever tried to buy an Ashley Read Mini Roundback if you live in Gauteng?  When did you last see Swannell's Predator plug in your local tackle shop?  If you're outside the Eastern Cape it was probably a long time ago. 


Afritackle aims to stock the biggest selection of SA-made lures and terminal tackle in the world.  Already available and in stock are Seal Point plugs, Doug Swannell's Predators as well as his new 'Sparkle' see-through plug range, Dennis Swannell's famous lure clips and split rings and Ashley Read's 100% tin spoons.  Clone lures, Aubrey Da Gama, Sea Iron hammered spoons, budget deep-jigging spoons and some other products that may be new to you will follow. 


As a promotion (already agreed with Admin) I'd like to offer a R200 shopping voucher for Afritackle every month from April to June for the best pic and short story about a recent catch made by casting a locally made lure.  Note some local brands are in fact made offshore - nothing wrong with that but I want to highlight our local lure makers who are often under-appreciated! 


Lastly I'd love to hear from you about locally made tackle that you are battling to get hold of.  If you are a small-scale tackle manufacturer (or even make a few extra plugs or spoons on the side you'd like to sell) please PM me.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:45:44 AM by allsorts »

Offline Dewald Posthumus

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 182
  • Cred: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni
I love it!
And the prices are good too. As an avid internet fisherman stuck in Gauteng,I will now have access to what the local folk in coastal areas have access to, lures that catch fish, not fishermen!
 :win:

Offline sardinella

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 735
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • I like to spinfish
  • Location: St Lucia, KZN
What a boytjie - wishing you loads of success.
Just keep this info well away from the TA thread elsewhere on site - might cause severe new infections

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Great stuff Rolfe! Wishing you much success with your new venture!

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Awesome stuff !!!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
 (clap) Your site looks great. I got this 78cm Garrick a couple of years ago on a 2oz Seal Point plug which I modified by dipping the front into red paint. I know it is not eligible for this competition but I hope it will encourage the members to submit their catches.  :hnthnt:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:44:41 PM by SAfish »

Offline allsorts

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 101
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Lakeside, Cape Town
Thanks guys - I appreciate the positive feedback!  That's a lovely leerie SAfish - there's no doubt that Wayne makes  a great plug.  My personal favourite for estuary leeries is the 3/4 oz 'Yellowtail' shape - it works nicely even at quite a slow wind which is necessary when the SE is pumping across Zandvlei.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:33:27 PM by allsorts »

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Good luck with the venture may it be a giant success .
Great to see guys pushing  the local tackle very great . in the near future I think imports will just become to expensive and guys will look for alternatives , some of use already , yes I am broke lol .



Swannel plugs for me , has landed a load of fish , those small pale pink chisels ....
My boet inlaw knows the swannels , he gets a box now and then , so I always tax his freebies lol .


T the guys that does not know Ashley reads , guys get them they are hot stuff , from the side and boats . AR snake spinner must account for the majority of tail ever caught from Struis to Saldahna even the comms mess around with them because they are so popular .


And those round backs kill the Longies .


It would be very interesting to hear how the preform up coast .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline kevf

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 677
  • Cred: 19
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: underberg,kzn
All the best, site looks great
its cruiser country

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Awesome mate. I love seeing entrepreneurs in the making. Great initiative, let's hope there are lots of entries. Good luck with the venture.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline allsorts

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 101
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Lakeside, Cape Town
I was chatting with Doug today and he's working on a new colour for the clear Sparkle range...I'll post a pic as soon as I've got it.  I've named them all so Doug knows which colour I'm ordering.  I've followed the hard sweet theme and also had a bit of fun, tending towards the macabre maybe...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:33:43 PM by allsorts »

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
All of the best with your venture may it grow in a major business. Fritz used to make great spoons I do not know if he is still doing them but PM him
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline allsorts

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 101
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Lakeside, Cape Town
Shot Willie - will do!

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
I have caught a number of fish with Fritz's spoons and they are awesome. Every time I make a cast I pray that I don't snap it off.  :hehe:

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
This is awesome!

Anyone out there making bucktails that you guys could get on board? The commercially available ones suck

Offline allsorts

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 101
  • Cred: 9
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Lakeside, Cape Town
I'm working on this - looking at a few options...

Offline xtc

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 112
  • Cred: 14
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
nice - well done - looking good

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
This is awesome!

Anyone out there making bucktails that you guys could get on board? The commercially available ones suck

Aye, in collaboration with henk aka lgf.
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Henk was making paddle tails i think Lenny? Im talking about the jighead with fluff attached

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Ja , but he pours the heads. And last time we spoke , he was willing to send me a bunch  , that I could tie up  and was planning to resell .

I am still willing , and are considering it now , as I was slightly sceptic about the demand  for them .

He's paddletails are the bees knees .
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal