Author Topic: how many lures do you use and how many do you own  (Read 5740 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Seventenths

  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1454
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
  • Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »
Just a small tip to those of you with lot'se lures and if you do sharpen your hooks especially the trebles, I have found that by coating the points with a "permanent marker" before storing will prevent rust from forming the newly sharpened surface. I use a black marker. Give it a try it works.

I am going to try that Zak... I also buy from the darts section of sports shops the small round stones for sharpening darts with the hole in the middle - you stick your dart in and work it in a circular motion. They work on hooks too. Make sure you have a separate one for steel and SS or the contaminate your hooks and get the very fine ones if you can.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal