Author Topic: how many lures do you use and how many do you own  (Read 5747 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« on: March 15, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »
How's it guys was thinking today while blanking how many lures I own and how many I actually carry and use regularly on an average trip how many lures do you use I reckon I got about 250 lures probably more in my collection but very seldom I use more then 20 lures in a session normally carry about 40 so 3 questions

How many lures do you own
How many do you use in a session
How many do you carry for a days fishing

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
 :shk got boxes of the stuff (thanks to T.A)  what i do is before a trip away i go thru them all and decide which i need which ends up as most of them .. :hyst: , then when at destination go thru them again and sort out in weight categories and put them in lure boxes so for instance if im going to spin with a light to medium setup , boxes are already sorted , just pack in bag and go , could be between 20 -30 lures in total ....if its the light/med stuff no problem but then the heavier lures become the issue .. :cnfzd

Offline tackle whore

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 196
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »
I own way too much , I try to sort them into estuary , surf , boat - but it never works always getting new stuff so now its sorted into -
1. favourites
2. lures fished
3, non fished but out of packaging
4. non fished still in packaging

I try to limit myself too only a few lures depending on what's the target species.......most of the time   
Estuary - 2x spook/zombie killers , 2x lead head, 2x spinner , 2x ear ball jig with plastic - must all fit into a fanny pouch if wading/walking .
surf      - 3x spinner, 2x earball jig with plastic , 2x lead head - same pouch as estuary
boat     - vertical jigs 15 kg , 4x spinners , 4x nylon plugs but all depending on the carry capacity of the boat  :-)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:19:30 PM by tackle whore »

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »
I try to pack light :hyst:

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »
Ok I am pleased to know I am not the only one with a lure problem

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »
I really believe lures catch more fishermen then they do fish
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:14:36 AM by smiley6996 »

Offline tackle whore

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 196
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »
WHAT NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heretic every lure I buy catches fish , at least that's what I tell my wife .

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »
I am single that's why my bed wall looks like this plus it helps when you wake up from a dream fighting a giant leery  :grk: and you saw the lure in your dream can check if you got it with out getting out of bed hahaha

Offline Seventenths

  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1454
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
  • Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
I have an exact list of my lures and it is not pretty.... not nearly as many fish caught... I would be embarrassed to say how many lures I have here.... :blush: ... It will also be worse when I update the list as I was given a pile more for the last marlin compi and won a box full in the compi...

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »
It would take too long and I cant count to very high figures - so I give up

Offline Shaun17

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1614
  • Cred: 262
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »
This is what isn't in boxes and not counting plastics...


Oh... used most of them at some point but would say i use about 5% of them 80% of the time.


« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:21:55 PM by Shaun17 »

Offline BAUMANNATOR

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 115
  • Cred: 7
  • Location: PMB
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 12:33:12 PM »
Don't tell the missus, but here are some for the rivers in the EC, not including those in my tackle bags and hidden back-ups.

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
Yip most of us got way more lures then we need but how many do you carry and how many do you fish with as shaun17 says 5% of his lures get used regularly is this common or do you guys use everything you own

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »
I have plenty .


But when I am fishing I hardly take more than 10 for rivers or the surf .


Sometimes , I will only take 2 of a kind  , I firmly believe in really working a lure , hence when fishing I don't chop and change a lot and can get away with 4 to six lures in my pouch .


When storing or rinsing lures of , an old curtain rail with those Curtian clips on makes a really nice rack for your lures .and the more lures you have , you can just add more clips .

Admitting I have plenty that's never seen water .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:41:44 PM by Lenny »
Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »
This evil bag makes me carry far to many lures but I am always scared fish want something I didn't bring with so carry my self dead most days on the river I only use one lure but still take 50 incase

Offline Big B

  • Barry
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 760
  • Cred: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • I am a fish-a-holic!
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
Jeepers, you guys, we are all tackel addicts, cant we setup a support  group for ourselves, I must confess I also have many lures, and most of them have never been close to water, always use tne same favourites.
Lets go FISHING!

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »
I think you got a plan there tackle addicts anonymous hi my name is smiley and I have a lure problem and it's worse cause with  :ult: you just post a pic and you get a lure thanks to zombie lures this was inmy post box today

Offline Zak-e-Boy

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 186
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Everyday's a Holiday - Umhlanga
  • Location: Umhlanga
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »
Just a small tip to those of you with lot'se lures and if you do sharpen your hooks especially the trebles, I have found that by coating the points with a "permanent marker" before storing will prevent rust from forming the newly sharpened surface. I use a black marker. Give it a try it works. 

Offline smiley6996

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pe
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »
Just a small tip to those of you with lot'se lures and if you do sharpen your hooks especially the trebles, I have found that by coating the points with a "permanent marker" before storing will prevent rust from forming the newly sharpened surface. I use a black marker. Give it a try it works.

Very use full tip my hooks never last long I am obsessed with sharpening them carry a hook sharper will definitely try this

Offline Seventenths

  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1454
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
  • Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: how many lures do you use and how many do you own
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »
I think you got a plan there tackle addicts anonymous hi my name is smiley and I have a lure problem and it's worse cause with  :ult: you just post a pic and you get a lure thanks to zombie lures this was inmy post box today

Smiley.. we have a dedicated addicts thread (TA) - Tackle addiction.. have a look at all the confessions there....
 
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=12232.0

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal