Good day Fellow anglers, I would just like to share a small report on our fishing trip we had at Mappies last w end. We left early friday morning around 03h00 from Durbz and arrived just after -07h00. The two week wait was finally over and we set up camp first thing as we arrived, itching to get our lines wet. Took us a good 2 hrs to set up camp and not long after we geared up and took a walk scratching the gullies.
The water was flat and conditions were good, we walked to crayfish point and back and landed a few wave garrick. A good start I would say
At night we slid out heads on the long poles but nothing happened for us in that department. We fished everyday first light till around 11 and afternoons sessions walking to crayfish and back, around 14 small kingies
[size=78%] (bigeye) (blacktip), 9 wave garrick and a few shad were landed over the two days.[/size]On the last afternoon which was absolute pearler right infront of the bay two shoals of shad were blocked up getting smashed, big queenies were spotted, Trevor and Darryl were throwing fly getting really exited only to land a few shad. I was fishing on the other side throwing a slim bait and lucky Daryl ran across to call me. The smashes were wild but nothing was comimtting, as soon as the light dropped I went tight, the fish ran and took line and then off

. I threw again and strait away I was on again, Blue fin kingie around the 2,5 kilo mark. I was super stoked as it was a first blue fin for me.Blood was pumping from all this excitement, Strait after a few more casts it was pitch black and had to head to camp to share the story with the faders that were too tired to throw.
The next morning we woke up late only to find that the shoal of small shad were still stuck in the bay getting smashed, it didnt last to long as we were late. My dad atleast managed to land a decent big eye to end off the w end.
One thing we learnt is that Mapelane can turn on at any point, this I have now seen with my own eyes after hearing stories from Trevor Heartsleaf as hes been fishing there for years. A great w end fishing it was