Hi Guys,
Its been a quiet summer so far for me due to work commitments, unforeseen circumstances, and crappy conditions when I manage to get to wet a line. We have not done one report on light tackle angling this year as opposed to a few last year.
BUT, I am having to spend the last weekend of the month in St Lucia to meet Mpumalangan family who we dont see often enough. Of course I thought it a terrible idea

MY QUESTION IS: Besides the obvious at Cape Vidal, where I have fished quite a bit in the past, WHERE, within a few minutes drive from St Lucia CBD, could I chuck a spoon or lure and have an average chance of landing something reasonably cute and scaly?
I've been to St Lucia a few times before but have not been there to fish, which is a travesty.
I will be there for a couple of mornings, with the rest of the day devoted to family, unless I can swing a sunset throw as well.......and am begging for information on the immediate area.
I would like to take my Amia for surf, and an 8 and 7' which I usually use in estuaries.
Am I in good water in St Lucia main, and is there any decent estuary fishing (favourite) to be had?
PM me any sacred spots if necessary, and be assured I will release all creatures captured and not let secrets out.
The time is too short to prospect so I would appreciate any help and advice that any knowlegeable fellas familiar with the area could supply.
Thanks all, and tight lines.......