Author Topic: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.  (Read 4281 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Echo7

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Cred: 4
  • Location: Durban KZN

Offline CRANKMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 684
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Louis Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 12:33:38 PM »
That's clever...
Sure it would fool many fish.
>('>
                   )<((°>
     }<(({°>

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »
I saw that a few days ago and thought that it was like origami using straws - some good finger dexterity and innovation


But eish! so much time to make! I would rather buy fresh prawns

Offline deepblu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 577
  • Cred: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • support catch and release, fish for tomrrow!!
  • Location: jhb
Re: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:55:10 PM »
Very cool but making it doesn't look easy

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
It looks like Mr Miyagi have too much time on his hands since his retirement from the movie business.  :hehe:

Jokes aside, it looks great and I think with enough practice anyone would be able to do it. Maybe it is a good project for the GP guys during the long cold winter.  w;k

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
very clever, I will give it a try, just not sure if my fingers are dextrous enough these days, let alone the eyesight :-)
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline gavin erwin

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 808
  • Cred: 76
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: How to Make Realistic Shrimp Lures from Plastic Straws.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 01:01:55 PM »
That is brilliant  :shk im off to pick and pay to get some straws  :hehe: :hehe:
Reach for a bream!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal