Author Topic: "Upgrade" or not?  (Read 6545 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline HennieB

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • anglershaven.co.za
  • Location: Pretoria
"Upgrade" or not?
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
I'm currently fishing with the Daiwa Emblem Pro 6000's, very happy with the reels but there is a possibility to upgrade to the Daiwa Windcast Z. Is the Windcast worth the money to upgrade or not? The reels will be used for specimen angling only.

Regards

Offline Seventenths

  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1454
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
  • Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
 :blush: When I saw the title of the post, I was screaming upgrade before I read your post!!! My TA coming out! I however do not know ANYTHING about specimen fishing so and sure one of the specialist can advise you...goo luck but I really think you should upgrade!!! :crzy
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:08:37 PM by Seventenths »

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
Hennie perhaps try posting in the Freshwater section. This board is for heavy rock and surf grinder fishing so most of us checking your post would not know which end of a carp is which :hehe:

Offline HennieB

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • anglershaven.co.za
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
To me the facet of fishing doesn't really matter, I just want to know if the Windcast Z is worth the upgrade over my current Emblems.

Offline Lofty

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1474
  • Cred: 79
  • Gender: Male
  • dis lekker by die see...
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »
Hennie perhaps try posting in the Freshwater section. This board is for heavy rock and surf grinder fishing so most of us checking your post would not know which end of a carp is which :hehe:
To me the facet of fishing doesn't really matter, I just want to know if the Windcast Z is worth the upgrade over my current Emblems.
I think what they're saying is that they don't know those reels and can't advise on which is best as they are more into saltwater fishing with grinders... :dunno:
Always be humble...

Offline HennieB

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • anglershaven.co.za
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 06:17:15 AM »
I've decided against "upgrading". Unnecessary waist of money as there is nothing wrong with my Emblems and they've never let me down.

Offline Zetti

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »
I've decided against "upgrading". Unnecessary waist of money as there is nothing wrong with my Emblems and they've never let me down.

 :corrct:

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
Nothing wrong with the Emblems... I caught my PB couta of 23.5 kg on one that I got from Zetti... still going strong...
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Zetti

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:44 AM »
Nothing wrong with the Emblems... I caught my PB couta of 23.5 kg on one that I got from Zetti... still going strong...

Can I have it back?

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: "Upgrade" or not?
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 10:25:48 AM »
You whish!  :crzy
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal