Author Topic: what rod to get.  (Read 5134 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline deonf1984

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 186
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: umtentweni,port shepstone,kzn
what rod to get.
« on: December 13, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
Hey UA
I got a okuma trio rex 60 surf casting reel today as a early Christmas  present from my fiance.  What rod can i pair it with. Id like to target shad - small non-eds
My budget is R1000

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: what rod to get.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »
I've got two Sensation Shadpros, an 11' overhead and a 12' spin, and find them to be excellent value for money. The blanks are excellent. The guides are a little shy on quality bit I replaced them on the 12' with Fuji K series. It's now my "go to" surf spinning rod. I prefer it to my Poseidon Ultra Light finding it more versatile in terms of throwing weights.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: what rod to get.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
I recently bought a FinNor 12 ft G force. I have not tried it out as yet but it feels very good and can throw a 4oz weight. I paid R980 for mine. Worth a look at
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline scheeps

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Shore-based Game fishing
  • Location: Kloof; Kzn
Re: what rod to get.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
Hi

You can get an assasin spin 11ft for R 550 and use the left over to put Braid on your reel. I've got the Assasin Amia heavy 11ft and a Shimamo Exage which I got yesterday.

If you pair your okuma with the assassin spin, you can use 21g to 54g lures, targeting shad, garrick, natal snoek, couta, kob etc all from the shore/Rocks.

Tight lines
Nick
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:31:48 AM by scheeps »

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: what rod to get.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »
 :welc:  Hope you can share some of your catches with us Nick.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline scheeps

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Shore-based Game fishing
  • Location: Kloof; Kzn
Re: what rod to get.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »
Just joined today. So will start sharing pics going forward!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal