0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Try Foreca. http://www.foreca.com/South_Africa/Knysna
Thanks SAfish,Do you then know of a website where I can check the barometer readings and water temrature?
Ziggy, I did not know that windguru can do that.
Quote from: isivuba on December 03, 2014, 04:51:08 PMZiggy, I did not know that windguru can do that. Some ballies are sharp!
The moon phases (solunar calendars) and website predictions are far less important than the weather itself on the day concerned. They might be valuable if our weather was always constant. But it isnt, and the weather has the greatest impact on fish activity.I use wind guru for forecasting this. in order of importance - watch the barometer forecast, then the tides, the swell, and the winds..
Quote from: SAfish on December 03, 2014, 04:19:14 PMTry Foreca. http://www.foreca.com/South_Africa/Knysnathanks for the link SAFish...looks good.Yes,I agree,the most important part is getting the weather right,usually better on a rising barometer(after a storm)or the first part of a dropping barometer(approaching storm),if water clarity,water temperature,time of day and tides for your target species are taken into account and is favourable then your chances increase...don't only be a fair weather fisherman like many are,if you feel that everything alligns weatherwise then give it a go...even if it's sometimes...a fish on the line warms one up very fast...
I have used the website before but I think there are too many factors that play a role to be able to predict when the fishing is going to be good. Some people swear by it but I have not been able to use it with much success. My philosophy is that if you have a bait in the water and the fish is hungry you will catch it. I have blanked in near perfect conditions and have caught good fish in poor conditions. Although tides are important, other factors like barometer readings and water temperature also play a big role. My 2c.Tides explained here: http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=8556.0
In my opinion, those Solunar charts are a lot of baloney... been using them for the last 3 or 4 years and they mean diddly squat if the wind is blowing and the sea is on it's head.You need to have:1. a fishable strength wind and wind direction2. a moderate seaTHEN you can cast a line.If you have 1 and 2 above consistently, then you can start looking at co-inciding your fishing times with Solunar charts - high tides with sunset and sundown, moonrise and moonset, barometer rising or falling etc etc.Unfortunately, this is not a luxury that us GP anglers have when we go on a fishing trip... we fish when we see the sea... come hell or high water... sometimes you get lucky with the conditions...Most important factor for me is the wind and the sea conditions, without which, you're wasting your time.
do you only do spinning and dropshot fishing..?Any bait fishing or not...?