Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Millstream in November
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Millstream in November (Read 6785 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Millstream in November
«
on:
October 22, 2014, 10:01:33 AM »
Ok can I have some advice
Yes I know its not exactly
[size=78%] time then [/size]
My Question is will I be able to get some action in the morning and late afternoon
those will be my only time as the Mrs likes to sleep late and have an afternoon Nap
What techniques and patterns should be good
Thanks
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #1 on:
October 23, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »
I tied some olive Woolly buggers with a fritz body the last time we went there and we couldn't go wrong! I use a brown olive, I find it works the best for me. Short sharp strips work well. Dry fly is always a good option when the wind dies down, DDD, Royal Coachman work well for me. Hope this helps
Logged
Reach for a bream!
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #2 on:
October 23, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »
Thanks Gavin
Would it be on sinking or floating line
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #3 on:
October 23, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »
No prob! it would be on sinking line.
Logged
Reach for a bream!
David Taylor
Senior Member
Posts: 234
Cred: 10
Gender:
Location: Greyton, Western Cape
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #4 on:
October 24, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »
November is still trout time at high altitude. I don't know the place but you should have decent fishing
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #5 on:
October 26, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
Heres the Woolly Bugger that was doing the damage, I added a bit of lead at the top of the fly for some weight.
Logged
Reach for a bream!
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #6 on:
October 26, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
Millstream fishes well all year, you cant go wrong with a fritz or woolly bugger on sinking line, you will catch fish all day! Have a look here:
http://www.fishthesea.co.za/fishingvenues/millstreamfarm.htm
Logged
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #7 on:
October 27, 2014, 07:24:18 AM »
Again Thanks a million
WK and Gavin do you guys work or Fish to work
Just spent most of the weekend re reading the threads and you two are always fishing
AAAAAAAAA a good life
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #8 on:
October 27, 2014, 07:56:30 AM »
I work to fish, and fish as much as possible!
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #9 on:
October 27, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
Im a fish artist... I need my inspiration from somewhere
Logged
Reach for a bream!
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #10 on:
October 27, 2014, 08:24:37 AM »
Now to go see the classified section
I will need at the least another reel and line(sinking) proffered
Cant wait 3 weeks and a few days
Logged
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #11 on:
November 17, 2014, 04:21:07 PM »
So the week has arrived
Leaving at Sparrows on Friday morning
Come on Friday
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #12 on:
November 17, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #13 on:
November 18, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »
Logged
Reach for a bream!
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #14 on:
November 20, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »
Its here and i want to call mulligan on today so I can go finish packing
Report due soon
Logged
yello helmet
Get a JAG
Senior Member
Posts: 256
Cred: 1
Gender:
Never enough time for the Fish
Location: Benoni East Rand
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #15 on:
November 26, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
So Mrs. and I went off for an extended weekend at Millstream Farm
Weather was good besides the few hours of lightning and gale force winds on Friday and Sunday.
To all the guys thank for the help with how and what’s for catching. Lets just say after Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning not even getting a bump I was ready to invest in some TNT.
An elderly lady that I had walked past and with over those few days asked how I was doing. So I told her I was ready to Visit the mine for explosives. She laughed and gave me what looked like a White Wooly Bugger and told me to fish it with sinking line with slow pulls of only 3 inches odd
Well slap me and call me Suzie if I was not into my first fish on my third cast
My largest is a hen of 45cm odd that I kept (picture included) all other where between 10 and 15cm
Grand total was about 10 fish all from Thistle pond and Lake Millstream
We left early Tuesday morning with a smile and a Fish for Dinner this weekend
Logged
gavin erwin
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Cred: 76
Gender:
Location: 28 york rd South Kensington joburg
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #16 on:
November 26, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
Good going mate those white woolly buggers work well, also work well for a lot of salt water fish.
Logged
Reach for a bream!
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Millstream in November
«
Reply #17 on:
November 27, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »
Nice stuff!
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Millstream in November
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal