Author Topic: Why I love spinning  (Read 3313 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Steenie

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 748
  • Cred: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Durban-based shore spinnerman
  • Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Why I love spinning
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:42 PM »
Just me, and me alone, with my spinning kit, ORI tagging kit and a bottle of water on a deserted beach between St Lucia and Cape Vidal today. Not another soul around me. This is why I love spinning.

Offline AQUAFAN

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 103
  • Gender: Male
  • Work hard - fish harder!!
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
Would be even more awesome so see some fish..lol - hows the fishing at the moment? Gona be down there from this Fri - Sun

Offline Steenie

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 748
  • Cred: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Durban-based shore spinnerman
  • Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
Was very quiet! Just a couple of young shad on spoon and plug.

Offline Steenie

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 748
  • Cred: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Durban-based shore spinnerman
  • Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
Covered about 10 km of coast in 5 hours of spinning, so my body feels it tonight! Lol!

Offline Krystyna

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strand
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 05:55:56 AM »
This picture just wants me ( no, it  begs me )  to go on a fishing trip right now - and even if there's no fish  , it will still be GREAT all the same  !!! 
The ocean never stops to surprise us with wonderful and magical  things - Please think before leaving a mess behind

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »
Magical Steenie! That's what it's all about!

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »
Nice one Steenie!  :envy

Offline LGF

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1042
  • Cred: 80
  • Gender: Male
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »
Pity Aquafan stays in Durbs, would have begged for a place in the boot to tag along........ :envy  Steenie and even if the fishing is great and the catching totally absent, it is always just great to even get to just try and land something with fins.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
 :Like:  thats what its about Steenie , wide open spaces , smiles of beer and the spinning gear , perfect .. (clap)

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »
:Like:  thats what its about Steenie , wide open spaces , smiles of beer and the spinning gear , perfect .. (clap)

ey ???

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 10:28:03 AM »
 :rotfl ... that will work as well , smiles of beer , miles of beach ... :hehe: 

Offline Steenie

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 748
  • Cred: 31
  • Gender: Male
  • Durban-based shore spinnerman
  • Location: Queensburgh, KZN
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »
Yes it is working the lures and the anticipation with every cast that got me hooked to spinning. And the mobility, I mean how else can you explore 10 km of coastline and put in 5 hours of solid fishing at the same time. But it will be great to carch a couple of good fish soon! I have been trying so damn hard the last couple of months!

Offline GOJ

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Why I love spinning
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »
Nice Steenie! Love that strip of water from St Lucia to mission rocks! I have to say the fish have been making us work hard but agree that some times it has nothong to do with hooking a thing.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal