Author Topic: Wader: Neoprene vs Breathable  (Read 3668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Fishy

  • The GT we all aspire to..
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 72
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Waikato, New Zealand
Wader: Neoprene vs Breathable
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
Gents,


I'm looking for some advice on waders. I will using it for:


1. river wading
2. float tubing
3. normal bank angling


I'm currently using a neoprene wader but after approx 6 years all the seams stated to leak, consequently i'm more wet inside than outside. The options are Neoprene or Breathable.


Any comments or experiences?
Thanks,
M

Offline maganything

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 642
  • Cred: 68
  • Gender: Male
  • I'd rather be fishing
  • Location: Durban North
Re: Wader: Neoprene vs Breathable
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »
my advice is, by the cheapest PVC/breathable waders you can find. I have had mine for just over 10 years now and they still going strong! the nice thing is, if u do get a hole, its easy to patch up..
 
I do alot of wading and float tubing.
 
Get the ones with a built in boot, think they like R500 bucks.
2019 Yeld cat 17Ft with 2 x F70 yammies

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Wader: Neoprene vs Breathable
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
Breathables all the way.

The Stealth Deluxe with the zip front are awesome. w;k
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal