Author Topic: Carp on fly  (Read 5352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline woerman

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Cred: 22
  • Gaan groot!
  • Location: Pretoria
Carp on fly
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »
My next mission is to catch carp on fly and I need some help.

Can anybody assist or maybe we can put together a workshop
and invite UA members?

chris williams

  • Guest
Re: Carp on fly
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »
Hi Woerman,

I've been catching carp on fly for many decades. I'm more than happy to impart what I've picked up over the years (and I've lots more to learn, carp f'fishing is at times easy and at other times frustratingly difficult...)
Am just a bit busy setting up new company this week maybe we could meet up with other Ultimates in the next week or so? I'm in Sandton area so if you're North Of The Boerwors Curtain, that's not too far away? Maybe we can meet up at Rory's house halfway after he's made his latest beer brew...

Cheers
Chris

Offline woerman

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Cred: 22
  • Gaan groot!
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Carp on fly
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
Hi Chris

Thanks man!  That sounds good.  I am also busy for next week
or 2 but I will set this up and invite UA members.  Will talk to you soon.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Carp on fly
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
Hi Woerman, also had a bit of success... Small dry flies that resemble a piece of bread work well! Also orange egg and nymph patterns produce results... The flies must be small though!

chris williams

  • Guest
Re: Carp on fly
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
Would be good to meet up - maybe we could do it at St Stithians where we have a dam and a good pub?

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Carp on fly
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
Would be good to meet up - maybe we could do it at St Stithians where we have a dam and a good pub?

Good idea! Count me in!

Offline woerman

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Cred: 22
  • Gaan groot!
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Carp on fly
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
Sounds good

Any dates in mind?

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal