Author Topic: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow  (Read 19614 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cage

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 317
  • Cred: 64
  • Gender: Male
  • I FISH THEREFORE I LIVE
  • Location: JHB, Gauteng
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
Shivaan, I used decoy 3/0s for back and middle and have a 2/0 in the front (the 3/0 kept swinging over the lip or leader)... the the middle and front hook points face forward... turned both of th0se slightly offset and seems to have solved the problem for me....

Offline Shivaan

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 566
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban, Queensburgh
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
Thanks Cage

Offline Robbie07

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Potchefstroom NW
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
Howzit guys.


I am a bit new to the art of lure fishing from the beech and would like to know if I could use this lure off Sand Spit in Port Shepstone (going there over june july) and what type of retrieve must I use?


Thanks for the help and I must say, of all the fishing forums I am on, this is by far the best one so far.



May your rod bend and your line never break

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:02 AM »
 :welc: Robbie
2 types of retrieve with this lure...
Sweep retrieve sweep, almost like sweeping a popper along the surface.
Other one is a flat out fast retrieve across the surface.
Try both.

Offline Cage

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 317
  • Cred: 64
  • Gender: Male
  • I FISH THEREFORE I LIVE
  • Location: JHB, Gauteng
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2014, 08:33:24 AM »
Have also had some success with twitch twitch pause retrieve....

Offline Spieks

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 214
  • Cred: 29
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: George Western Cape
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »
Must get some.....! :Like: :FST:

Offline Robbie07

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Potchefstroom NW
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:32 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Even though it is still a while away, I am as excited as can be :crzy
May your rod bend and your line never break

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
Just make sure you have a rod that is capable of throwing these lures... they are only 30g, there are not too many 11ft and above rods that are capable of loading 1oz! Rod capacity should be up to 1.5oz max rating?! There's no point using a rod rated to 3oz and trying to throw these - it just doesn't work!

Offline Robbie07

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Potchefstroom NW
Re: The new bus Shad slayer - CID Slim Minnow
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2014, 02:19:16 PM »
I use a Shimano Vengence 8'.  Rated 3oz...  So that basically puts this out of play for me...  It was mainly bought for bucktails.  Great for Kob and Garrick off Kabeljouws near jeffreys and it has become the only rod I use for Art fishing.  Been with me to Sodwana and even took a go at tuna off the boat, that was an experience.





May your rod bend and your line never break

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal