0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
I felt so bad about laughing at your tangles as I had some bad ones, once you left
Ok .... where shall I go? .... Woelwaters, Arendsnes, Silverstrome, Eastco .... any better suggestions?hmmm ...Oord Nebo looks promising .... scratch that ...too far .. Ok ...change of plan .... lemme post the question I've posted elsewhere as well:I need some info please ... I want to take my son for his first yellow session this coming Saturday or the next ... some place between Silwer strome and Eastco ... The problem is that he's only 9 ... so I can't take him to a place with deep running pools ... what's the best place to take him where the wading will be easy enough for a 9 year old?
A group of us including Herman, Pieter, Schlossie, Ian, Steve and I fished the Vaal a fair bit above Parys yesterday and the fishing was off the hook. I landed 32 for the day leaving the water at around 15:00 and I know Pieter and Herman landed 30 and 26 (I think) respectively for the morning seesion. All of mine were Yellows except for two which were fat Carp of over 3kg and 4kg. The three of us pulled out in excess of 50 fish from a single run standing within 15m of each other. Also mostly smaller fish with the occasional bigger one (one or two unstoppable buses) and almost exclusivley Yellows. Of the total above only a handful were Carp or Muddies. Schlossie, Ian and Steve arrived mid morning and they were each on good double figures (if remember correctly) when I left. Ian even caught a couple of Bass buggering around on a spinning rod while we were having lunch. Best day out on the Vaal for a long time. The water quality seems to be improving and visibility was pretty decent. The green tinge that the river has had over the last few weeks seems to be dissappearing.
Poenskop, why wait for October ?