0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Quote from: Herman Jooste on November 02, 2011, 09:36:53 PMOr time your fishing well. For Sunday that is. The fish feed on rising flows. They normally start opening the Barrage slowly from the Saterday evening. Be at Strome at around 05:00 fishing, you can fish the highest flow of 80 tons there if you are carefull ( around 10:00 ) . Eendekuil from around 06:00 - 11:00.And so the "parade ' goes on, all the way down river. Remember close to and below Potch that water will only get there on Monday. Fishing in rising flows makes me just a tad nervous!!
Or time your fishing well. For Sunday that is. The fish feed on rising flows. They normally start opening the Barrage slowly from the Saterday evening. Be at Strome at around 05:00 fishing, you can fish the highest flow of 80 tons there if you are carefull ( around 10:00 ) . Eendekuil from around 06:00 - 11:00.And so the "parade ' goes on, all the way down river. Remember close to and below Potch that water will only get there on Monday.
A whole goup of us fished the Vaal at Eastco yesterday. I picked Lichia/Craig up at sparrows and met my brother Russ, his son Luke and Pops halfway at the One Stop before meeting the rest of the guys at the river. At eastco we met up with Nico/Monster, Bryan, Wewrner and Herman. Conditions wise it was blisteringly hot, the water was warm enough to wet wade and the vis was atleast 400mm. The flows were very slow, no more than 10 cubes and the river is still very low. Fortunately the snot grass wasn't an issue. I think most of the guys managed to land fish, and even a few "mermaids" came out, Nico's first "mermaid" being the fish of the day, an easy 5kgs on a size 14 hook and a 6 weight rod. I'm hoping we get an increase in flows for the 27th! Pics:1. Nico, fish on!2. Size 14 fly.3. The grin says it all!
...................Wonder how he got there and what damage a couple of Koi’s can do to our Yellow fish population.
...I once came across a Koi at Oord Nebo, feeding in the snot grass.
......I need to tie some flies again. After Christiana and this Saturday I am seriously depleted.....
Quote from: Poenskop on November 15, 2011, 09:07:59 AM......I need to tie some flies again. After Christiana and this Saturday I am seriously depleted..... Lets make a plan, I think I've still got a bottle of William Robertsons......
When is the next trip Rory?I would love to join you guys.don't worry Craig,I am sure you will get a monster in the next trip.If not then Ihave some grenades which will make fishing much easier for you....... Nice barbel there Monster.Must gave you a decnet revvvvvving.I got one on a size 16 fly which was about 60cm but boy was my arms sore...........I can imagine what that did to your muscles.
Then I will have to buy some flies to show the missus
You liar - it is a bottle of Robertson - nê
....When is the next trip Rory?I would love to join you guys....
I will also be able to make this weekend!What flies produced the weekend?
Quote from: Garrick on November 15, 2011, 09:55:41 AM....When is the next trip Rory?I would love to join you guys.... Riyaadh, check this link: http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,7133.0.htmlYou more than welcome to join us! Quote from: icstuff on November 15, 2011, 10:15:58 AMI will also be able to make this weekend!What flies produced the weekend? Pieter I'm not sure who's fishing where this weekend, unfortunately I have to entertain the "out laws" this weekend so I won't be fishing.....