0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hi Craig, The Italians will be even colder than the prison, it's right below the wall. I would give that whole area a miss for about 4 weeks, not only for the water to warm up, but also hopefully for the effects of the spill to be diluted. I'm fishing GVP on Sunday. Last trip there 2 weeks ago there was minimal snot, so hoping it's the same this weekend. There again I think I know the venue well enough to find the spots that skip the snot. :SBOKS: :SBOKS: :SBOKS:
.I may just see you there on Sunday. Will let you know tomorrow.
My original plans was too fish Oord Nebo on Sat but the inclement weather in Gauteng put me off the idea of driving for hours just to blank. The weather changed for the better on Sunday. Mrs.Lichia , the 2 Wave Garrick and myself set off rather latish to Yellowfish paradise and arrived just before 13:00. On arrival I met Herman in what must be the best stocked country bottle store/office in the whole of the Vaal river system form Vereening to Kimberly . Herman done well for the day and I will leave it up to him to report on. The water temperature was allot warmer and dry wading was definitely possible. I started on my trusted green rock worm and went vas with in the first half hour with a young small mouth. The rest of the day was some what unproductive with only a foul hooked Muddy to show for my effort. But the Yellowfish season is starting to take shape and fish should start to come out more regularly from now on. Priceless family day out . Lichia at his best .
Thanks Herman
Each to his own .
Ag Oom Herman. We holier-than-thou flyfishermen always got something to say about the papgooiers, or the people fishing spawning yellows or the treble hook brigade, but sometimes we have to look at ourselves.The pic is an innocent attempt at humour but I am sorry to say it paints a very negative picture.Glass on the river? That is something we teach 3 year old's not to do. Whether it is 1 meter into the river or 100.I also take my Windhoek blikkie on the river, blackberry, hipflask etc. etc. And yes, I like to have a sluk on the river. There is nothing nicer than rewarding yourself with a cold beer after landing your first fish of the session. I however try and do it as discretely as possible and without leaving accidental pieces of glass in the river. You can defend the pic all you want and tell me to go screw myself but it still was stupid.
Guess some guys just dont have a sense of humour....
Quote from: Homie on September 29, 2011, 11:18:47 AMGuess some guys just dont have a sense of humour....With that Hat - obviously you do.
Diamond , your point on the glass near the water has some merit and point taken. Lets move on and enjoy what we are all on the site for. The love of fishing!!!
Fully agree. Tight lines.
On a side note, the fish are spawning in all the shallow riffle water and these areas need to be avoided. I was very disappointed to seeing people fishing/wading the spawn beds despite being asked not to as well a group of people that were killing and keeping every yellow caught. Management were not interested in getting involved and due to their lack of interest in conserving our yellows I will not support them again.