0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Thanks guys.Herman, I was taken as a guest to a private piece of water, hence no invite and no more details on an open forum. You know you it works.Besides, I did not think that you liked to fish full days
If you were joining us in August you would learn what a full day & night fishing is all about.
Hard luck Rory. Dave fished eendekuil on Saturday afternoon and got 7 smallies.
Cant wait either!Quick question was the fishing affected by the fish-kill above the barrage?
Unreal, thats well done! Did he fish saturday before the frontal system? Not sure Pieter, I think the front that came through over saturday night put the fish down. Even the bait fishermen were struggling!
Fished Strome yesterday with 2 friends. Damien and I blanked, Angi got a muddy, in the mouth and all. Water was measured at 16.7c at around 1pm. Another group fishing there got a few muddies and a yellow below the bottom reef. There was a massive hatch of BWOs and a handful of small +- #16 caddis from around 3pm, fish rising sporadically in the glide water and plenty rising in the big pool downstream. __________________
I think that later in the day seems to be better at the moment maybe arrive between 9 and 11 and fish until dark. A friend who fished yesterday also got his fish later in the afternoon. Also, slightly slower, thigh to waist deep water below and above the riffles seems to be more productive at present.
IS the water getting to the point where we can wade without a wader?