0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
.....Maybe the wedding plans are still interfering with his fishing. .....
What's the river condition's like at the minute Herman ?
Nice one Herman, glad to hear you got a few fish and the viz is improving. OMR and I fished Eastco yesterday and viz was still around 10cm and flows were very low. Only really fished for a few hours in the morning and we got 1 fish each and a few on offs , all in very fast water. Damien and Angi plus a few of their mates came through a bit later in the day and camped over, not sure how they did.Korrie was doing his thing there and we caught up with Tye, Bryan and a few others.Crongrats on the purchase of the Scott, if it fishes anything like my 3 weight SAS then it's a real beaut.
The normal mornings fishing then. The rod is sweet, but was purchased for winter dry fly fishing. I just had to test it's capabilities today, and must say I'm very, very happy.
Ha ha, yep. Although we did stay until around 4pm, mostly discussing Tye's chrome dome and watching little silvers picking off dead terrestrials in the scum line in the big pool.
Craig ( Lichia Amia ), Pieter ( icStuff ), Bryan ( Williaby ), Bryan's buddy Dion and I ended up going to the Italians today. The original venue was Erina, but when I got there at around 05:45 it was locked up tight. . And from what is lying around hasn't been entered for at least a week. . I'm afraid this could be the end of Erina as a venue :sadd :saddThe Italans was quite full ofbank anglers, but only 1 other f/f on the water. After some cold teeth cleaning with the W/H Draught, off we went .The flows were the normal 16, the viz the normal cr@p 10 cm's, Pieter shuddering at how much colder the water is here than below the barrage. Bryan and Dion were the first into fish, followed by Pieter. Then the new Yellow King ( Craig ) , got his first Vaal River SM. Then his second, then his third .As far as I know the mornings results were something like, Bryan 8 SM, ( Korries course must work ) Craig 3 SM, Dion 2 SM, Pieter 2 SM.My score ???? 3 full swims ( up to chin level ), one gashed shin, 8 lost flies, 2 lost leaders. 2 small SM yellows netted and 2 lost on the take.Another great mornings fishing.
Well done on the fish guys Herman, where is the closest public venue downstream of Erina, I have a cunning plan . . .
Herman and Co thanks for another whopper of a day ! The Yellow on fly thing has really grabbed me !
Andrew, YES PLEASE. Just below Rand Waters grounds on the opposite bank is a venue that the the bank anglers frequent. YES, YES, YES it's going to work. Cred to you sir.
So after taking a Klap from a Yellow on the previous trip manage to equal the score . Check out the wet clothing at one stage I was wading till under my arm pits .