0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
well done bro you are finally on the board!!!
Black nymph is my go to fly ! Never failed ! Also something with a bit of flash always works....Not sure I'd use a zak...try small caddis styles as a control with a ptn hotspot or brassie... go small...14 and 16
Agree with Homes on the flies. My goto is normally mustard caddis as control size 12 or 14 and then orange hotspot or GRHE or black flashback typically size 16 or 18 on point. I hardly change my control but used to change around the point quite often. Recent experiences have me concentrate more on the drift than flies though.On occasion this season I was in the same position where guys were catching the fish drift by drift and me only getting 1 or 2 fish. Changing flies to the same flies made no difference out of desperation I added a tiny splitshot above the control and started getting fish at the same interval. So now I concentrate on getting my weighting and drift right first before tinkering with flies.