Author Topic: Maria Duplex Lures  (Read 3118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Maria Duplex Lures
« on: November 28, 2013, 04:23:11 AM »
Who has used these before?


I have had good experiences with Maria Spoons in the past.


Bwana told me about these just a pity they do not come in 1.5Oz in order for me to get the distance needed...


They will be fishy magnets here.

Offline Bwana

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 916
  • Cred: 206
  • Gender: Male
  • Deep Blue Addict
  • Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: Maria Duplex Lures
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:18:58 AM »
Gerhard these are deadly lures, I've caught shad, natal snoek, tuna and big bonnies on them off the boat. I reckon the 31g (80mm) will still cast a mile with your amia on 20lb braid. I don't see a queenie or couta leaving this lure alone, plus they sink so you can work various depths as well. I've had great success with the BHP colour. Here's a chart of colours:


Offline GT Mayhem

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 413
  • Cred: 11
  • Location: JHB
Re: Maria Duplex Lures
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »
just bought 1 recently but didnt get a chance to use it on my last trip.
i LOVE maria lures, they are HUGELY effective., especially the spoons.
ihave a collection of viva parades and mucho lucir spoons. not to mention the LOADED stickbaits.
awesome stuff, im sure those duplexs are just as good

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Maria Duplex Lures
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »
Gerhard these are deadly lures, I've caught shad, natal snoek, tuna and big bonnies on them off the boat. I reckon the 31g (80mm) will still cast a mile with your amia on 20lb braid. I don't see a queenie or couta leaving this lure alone, plus they sink so you can work various depths as well. I've had great success with the BHP colour. Here's a chart of colours:


Thanks,


Will have to get a couple in Jan next year,

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: Maria Duplex Lures
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 08:48:13 AM »
At the Kingfisher sale they had a pile of them at half price!!
Just Fish!!!

Offline super_daav

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 855
  • Cred: 74
  • Gender: Male
  • Lower Zambezi 2009
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Maria Duplex Lures
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:52:26 AM »
Gerhard, they're superb lures! Great action and they cast a mile! Maria have created a winner here for sure.
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Maria Duplex Lures
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
Sounds better and better...


Thanks for the feedback.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal