Author Topic: Kick boat waders  (Read 2970 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Corks

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 76
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PMB
Kick boat waders
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »
Im looking for a decent set of waders to use with my kick boat. Something with booties to keep me dry and warm. Looking around online I like the neoprenes but some of the prices are crazy. 
I do all of my fishing in the berg and will only be using them on the kick boat.
What can you recommend?
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Kick boat waders
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Im looking for a decent set of waders to use with my kick boat. Something with booties to keep me dry and warm. Looking around online I like the neoprenes but some of the prices are crazy. 
I do all of my fishing in the berg and will only be using them on the kick boat.
What can you recommend?


Corks - the problem with neoprene waders that your upper body gets really hot and sweaty. they are also a mission to take on and off becasue they generally fit tightly. Rather consider breathable goretex type waders. You get them with the neoprene booties


Much more comfortable, cooler and easy to take off because they fit nice and loosely. Underneath, in winter, I wear a pair of thermal long johns - and have never felt cold.


Offline maganything

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 642
  • Cred: 68
  • Gender: Male
  • I'd rather be fishing
  • Location: Durban North
Re: Kick boat waders
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
Corks,

Iv been through all the waders and have gone back to the begining!
The cheapest ones are the best! I use the snowbee PVC ones and when it's cold put some thermals underneath!
If u tear them it's like R500 for a new pair! The easy to repair if u get small holes!
They the only way in my opinion!
2019 Yeld cat 17Ft with 2 x F70 yammies

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Kick boat waders
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:26:03 PM »
Corks,

Iv been through all the waders and have gone back to the begining!
The cheapest ones are the best! I use the snowbee PVC ones and when it's cold put some thermals underneath!
If u tear them it's like R500 for a new pair! The easy to repair if u get small holes!
They the only way in my opinion!


very sweaty those things! I have had two pairs of goretex ones in the past 15 years - fine for me

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal